While you’re revamping your vegan diet for the new year, consider adding raw food recipes to your meal planning. This raw trail mix recipe is nestled in the Raw Food for Dummies book by Cherie Soria and Dan Ladermann. Along with over 100 easy raw food recipes, this book also provides tasty tips to live a healthy raw food lifestyle, the best raw foods, and how to eat to balance your weight and gain more energy. If you’re not sure about diving right into raw foodism, give this trail mix recipe a try. We’re sure you’ll be inspired to try more raw food recipes.
Raw Power Trail Mix
Recipe from Raw Food for Dummies by Cherie Soria and Dan Ladermann.
Yields 18 servings
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 raw pumpkin seeds
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dulse flakes
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- 1/2 cup unsulfured golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Soak almonds and walnuts in separate bowls of unchlorinated water for 8 to 12 hours.
- During that time, soak pumpkin seeds for 3 hours.
- Rinse and drain each.
- Dehydrate soaked nuts at 105 degrees F. for 10 to 12 hours or until completely dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, tossing until well mixed.