Amazing! The one word we uttered when we had a taste of this scrumptious soup from QVC’s resident foodie David Venable. You’re going to love every spoonful of the warm out-of-this-world gazpacho coupled with delectable nibbles of mini goat cheese sandwiches which float on the soup as croutons.
Warm Gazpacho with Goat Cheese Croutons
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded
- 2 carrots peeled, tops removed
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- To prepare the gazpacho, place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the soup into a saucepot and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To prepare the croutons, spread the goat cheese over two slices of bread. Make sandwiches with the remaining slices.
- Lightly spray a medium-size skillet with cooking spray and cook the sandwiches over medium-low heat until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Let the sandwiches cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, ladle the warm soup into bowls. Cut the sandwiches into 1/2-inch squares and divide the croutons evenly among the soup bowls.