- Vegan Cornbread
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, diced
- 2 large apples, cored, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 cup diced prunes
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut cornbread into cubes and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and translucent.
- Add bell pepper, apples, celery, and carrot. Cook, stirring often, until carrot is tender. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add apricots, prunes, fennel, parsley, and thyme, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add corn bread cubes and toss again to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Pour broth evenly over stuffing.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until it starts to form a crust. Serve warm.