Homemade hot chocolate mix can be packaged in mason jars and given as heart-felt gifts that your loved ones will appreciate during the cold weather months. This vegan-friendly cocoa mix is especially gift-worthy because it is made with a vanilla bean. Mmmm, mmmm amazingly good.
Vanilla Bean Hot Chocolate Mix
Yields 5 cups
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split crosswise
- 16 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- Place the sugar in a large jar.
- Open the vanilla bean and use a knife to scrape the vanilla seeds into the sugar. Add the pod.
- Cover jar and let it sit overnight.
- Add chocolate and pulse until it is finely ground.
- Remove vanilla pod from the sugar. Add chocolate and cocoa powder to sugar, stirring until well-combined.
- Seal jar and store in the pantry for up to 6 months.
To make hot chocolate: For each serving, heat 8 ounces dairy-free milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix. Serve with your favorite cocoa toppings.
More tasty vegan drink recipes!