Hot and Spicy Smashed Sweet Potatoes
You can puree these until they are smooth. We prefer them a bit more chunky.
- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (thick fat on the top of coconut milk when you open a can)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Generous pinch of cayenne
- Generous pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork and set in a baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are very tender.
- Peel potatoes and place them in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well-combined.
- Serve immediately or make ahead and reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop.