This amazing vegetarian dessert recipe is from the amazing cookbook Desserts in Jars: 50 Treats that Shine (Harvard Common Press, 2012) by Shaina Olmanson. Mason jars can turn any dessert into a special occasion treat.
White Chocolate Lime Pudding in a Jar
Recipe from Desserts in Jars: 50 Treats that Shine (Harvard Common Press, 2012) by Shaina Olmanson.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sift together sugar, cornstarch, and salt into a medium-size saucepan.
- Slowly whisk in the cream and the milk.
- Beat together the egg yolks and add to the melted chocolate.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture into the saucepan along with the lime zest.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, just until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes, until the pudding thickly coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Pour the pudding through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Spoon into six 4- to 6-ounce jars. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until cooled and thickened.
- Serve chilled.