You don’t have time to show off your expert chopping skills but you don’t want to serve the usual salsa from a jar. What’s a cook to do? Kick up that jar of salsa with fresh ingredients to give it a homemade taste.
Quick Corn Salsa
Makes 3 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups store-bought salsa
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn and onion, and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool while you’re preparing other dishes for your meal.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn mixture, salsa, and cilantro.
- Store leftover salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.