What better way to warm up on a cold snowy evening than with a spicy cocktail melding citrus, agave, cocoa, and chipotle. This is one vegan cocktail recipe that can take you from the first snowfall to the spring thaw.
Chipotle Cocoa Margarita
- 3 slices of orange
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1/4 part light agave
- 2 parts Avión Añejo
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chipotle powder
- Pearl or granular sugar
- In a cocktail shaker, combine orange slices and lemon slice.
- Muddle the fruit to work out all of the natural juices and oils. Add a little bit of agave nectar to bring out the sweetness.
- Add Avión Añejo. Fill the glass with ice and shake vigorously.
- For the rim on your glass, mix equal parts cocoa and pearl or granular sugar. Then add a tiny bit of chipotle powder. (Don’t overdo it with the chipotle powder, or your mouth will be on fire!)
- Rim the edge of the glass with a lemon slice and set rim down in the chipotle cocoa mixture.
- Strain your margarita into the glass and serve.