Potato skins are a tailgating treat, holiday appetizer, and soul-soothing comfort food all in one. These vegan potato skins are super simple to make and have many tasty variations depending on your potato cravings.
Vegan Potato Skins
- 4 large baking potatoes, well-scrubbed
- 4 slices vegan bacon
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream substitute
- 2 ounces shredded vegan cheese
- Guacamole and sprouts for serving
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- With a fork, pierce potatoes all over. Place them on parchment and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Turn over and continue to microwave for 10 minutes or until tender. Place potatoes on a cutting board, cover with a towels, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp then crumble.
- Cut each potato in wedges lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop potato flesh from the skins, leaving about 1/4-inch of potato with the skin. Reserve cooked potato flesh for another use.
- Grease a baking dish large enough to hold potato wedges. Arrange potato wedges in dish skin side up and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn wedges flesh-side up and top with sour cream, bacon, and cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes or until toppings are lightly browned.
- Serve hot with guac and sprouts.