After my son and I transformed a large pumpkin into a goofy happy-faced jack-o-lantern, we transformed the newly plucked pumpkin seeds into a salty, toasted treat. Toasting pumpkin seeds is easy and also a great way to get more protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals into your holiday diet. Here’s how to toast your own pumpkin seeds.
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds, just pulled from inside a pumpkin
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds, removing any pumpkin flesh.
- Transfer seeds to a large bowl and toss with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and toss again.
- Spread seeds out in one layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until seeds are light golden, fragrant, and crisp.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.