If everyone else is baking cookies to give as gifts, why follow the crowd when you can make your own holiday-inspired granola to present in cute holiday gift bags wrapped with pretty ribbon? Be sure to make enough of this DIY Holiday Granola for yourself so you can enjoy the wares of your heart-warming time in the kitchen, too.
DIY Holiday Granola
Yields 6 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup warm coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, agave, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add oats and toss to coat.
- Spread granola onto prepared baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until granola is lightly browned.
- Let cool completely then transfer to a clean mixing bowl and add dried fruit and pistachios, tossing to combine.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 2 weeks.
- To give as gifts, divide into gift bags and tie with ribbon or transfer granola to mason jars decorated with fabric and ribbon.