Give your holiday green beans a delicious and colorful update with cherry tomatoes and candied walnuts. This is a tasty vegan side dish recipe that you can serve any time you have the ingredients on hand.
Green Beans Tomatoes and Candied Walnuts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1-1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped candied walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Soak onions in iced water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Blanch beans in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Submerge them in a large bowl of iced water to halt cooking. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until the skins start to wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add green beans and cook, stirring often, to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onions and walnuts, stirring to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with parsley.