Does anyone really ever need an excuse to eat a chocolate cupcake? Of couse not! But sinking your teeth into them on National Chocolate Cupcake Day can add to the fun. We’re celebrating National Chocolate Cupcake Day, October 18, with this triple chocolate vegan cupcake recipe featuring chocolate almond milk, cocoa powder, and chopped dark chocolate.
Vegan Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup warmed coconut oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 t easpoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- Your favorite vegan frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, sugar, coconut oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the almond milk mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in dark chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack. Slather with your favorite vegan frosting.