Pastry chef Romina Rasmussen of Les Madeleines Patisserie and Cafe in Salt Lake City, Utah has transformed the anticipated dessert flavors of fall into this sweet and spicy pumpkin syrup. You can stir this dessert elixir into cocktails, such as Chef Romina’s Liquid Apple Pie recipe, or use it to give tea or coffee a pumpkin pie twist.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole clove
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 4 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until slightly thickened.
- Strain out whole spices and add to your favorite fall beverage.