The dropping temperatures and blustery winds of fall tend to begin the cravings for comfort food. If your comfort food need happens to arise when you get out of bed, make these amazing vegan blueberry pancakes then pour lots of pure maple syrup overtop.
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- 1-1/2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour (try One Degree Organics Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour)
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened sunflower seed milk (we suggest Sunflower Dream Sunflower Seed Milk)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen, unthawed
- Pure maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl with a spout, whisk together flour, oat bran, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add milk and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Brush a large nonstick griddle or skillet over mediumd heat with oil and heat over moderate heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle or skillet. Let sit for 30 seconds then sprinkle blueberries onto each pancakes.
- Cook pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until the edges set and bubble rise up and pop on the surface. At this point, the bottom side of the pancakes should be lightly browned.
- Flip and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes or until both sides are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with syrup and any extra berries.