Summer may be over but I’m not ready to retire my grill just yet. However, I can update my grilling ingredients to better match the season. This grilled pear salad makes an impressive vegan appetizer for holiday guests.
Grilled Pears with Agave and Thyme
Serves 8 as an appetizer
- 4 large ripe but firm pears, halved, cored, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons warm coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Agave nectar for drizzling
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Brush pears with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill pears for 4 minutes per side or until hot and showing grill marks.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with agave and garnish with thyme.
- Serve immediately.