Do you have those mornings when you wake up craving a big warm batch of muffins but have no desire to search for a recipe on the Internet or crack open a cookbook only to have pre-caffeine confusion about which muffin recipe to bake? Save yourself time, energy, and baking frustration by having a basic muffin mix at the ready in your pantry. All you have to do is add a few ingredients and you’ll have yourself a dozen muffins in 20 stress-free minutes. Here is a basic vegan muffin mix that you can transform into a delicious array of warm and wonderful muffins.
Basic Vegan Muffin Mix
This recipe makes 36 large muffins. The directions at the end will give you one dozen scrumptious vegan muffins.
- 6 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together ingredients. Transfer to an airtight container and keep in the pantry until ready to use.
Basic Vegan Muffins
Write down or print this recipe and keep it with your dry muffin mix.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or warm coconut oil
- 1-1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups muffin mix
- 1 cup add-ins of your choice (nuts, dried fruit, blueberries, mashed bananas or other fresh fruit, or chopped dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and generously spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Add muffin mix and stir just until combined.
- Stir in add-ins.
- Fill muffin cups with muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to continue to cool or serve warm.