While paging through the newly released book The Hunger Fix (Rodale Books, September 2012) by New York Times bestselling author Pam Peeke, MD, I came across an easy vegetarian chia pudding recipe that has become my new go-to afternoon treat. Made with the superfood chia seeds, it is one of Peeke’s suggestions for healthy snacks that will curb your cravings. Though The Hunger Fix is not a vegetarian guide to overcome overeating, it does have valuable lifestyle tips that can help you beat food addiction and improve your relationship with your diet. You’ll also find some vegetarian-friendly recipes and eating strategies.
Easy Chia Pudding
Recipe from The Hunger Fix by Pam Peek, MD.
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup 100 percent cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries (or other dried fruit)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, and stir well.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.