Are you gearing up for football season? Whether you tailgate your games or throw football parties at your home, this vegan tailgating recipe is an easy way to feed a hungry crowd. Apple Baked Beans in the slow cooker (they only taste baked) make game day cooking an easy endeavor.
Apple Baked Beans
- 2 cups small white navy beans, soaked overnight, drained
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Tree Top Apple Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped red bell pepper for garnish
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Place beans, water, onion, bay leaf, red pepper, apple sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve garnished with onion, bell pepper, and parsley.