Quinoa is an amazingly versatile and nutrient-packed whole grain that can be partnered with other ultra-nutritious ingredients for a power packed meal. Ready in 12 minutes, this healthy vegan recipe is loaded with broccoli, blueberries, walnuts and yellow bell pepper. High in protein and antioxidants, enjoy this delicious dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
High Antioxidant Quinoa with Broccoli and Blueberries
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly steamed broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- Generous pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring quinoa and broth or water to a boil. Lower heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add quinoa to bowl and toss well to coat.
- Serve warm or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can also serve quinoa cold.
More healthy vegan recipes!