Spaghetti squash is by far the funnest of the winter squash, boasting tender shreds of flesh that resembles spaghetti. You can serve “spaghetti” with marinara or a garlic sauce as you would real pasta or dress it up with fresh ingredients and serve it in the winter squash’s shell. We love this yummy stuffed spaghetti squash as a healthy vegan dinner.
Yummy Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons of walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, warmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, each halved
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil plus whole basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise. Use a serrated spoon to remove the seeds.
- Place squash halves, cut side down, in a baking dish.
- Add a half-inch of water and cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Use a large fork to shred the flesh into a large bowl. Be careful to not tear or puncture the spaghetti squash’s shell.
- Drizzle with walnut oil and vegan butter. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, edamame, tomatoes, and basil, stirring to combine.
- Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add to the spaghetti squash mixture, tossing to coat.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Stuff spaghetti squash shells with spaghetti squash mixture.
- Garnish with basil and serve.