Vegan Apple Spice Quick Bread
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup plain soy or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup warm coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled green apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, orange zest, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cider, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Whisk in flax mixture.
- Pour flour mixture into cider mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in apple, raisins, and walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert bread from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Slice and serve.