Swiss chard is one of our favorite dark leafy vegetables. A powerhouse of nutrition, Swiss chard can be added to grain salads or soups, or it can be sauteed and featured all by itself. This easy vegan side dish recipe featuring chard is easy to prep and a tasty way to get your family to eat more greens.
Tangy Swiss Chard
Recipe courtesy of Wellspring.
- 1 pound Swiss chard
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Separate the stems and leaves from the Swiss chard. Slice the stems into thin strips and roughly chop the leaves.
- Spray a large nonstick saucepan with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, sauté the stems and onion for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the leaves and remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve immediately.