Looking for a new way to serve tofu? Try this crispy coated tofu recipe from Wellspring, featuring nutritional yeast, a vegan-friendly source of vitamin B-12, amino acids, and a healthy bevy of other nutrients.
Serves 3 to 4
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 3/4-inch cubes, blotted with paper towels
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine nutritional yeast, garlic powder and pepper in a large resealable bag. Add tofu to bag, seal, and gently toss until tofu is fully coated with nutritional yeast mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove tofu from bag and add to the oil and cook, turning tofu occasionally, until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Serve immediately.