Sweet potatoes lend a naturally sweet dimension and gorgeous color to this simple vegan hash recipe. Serve it as a comfort food breakfast dish or as a vegan side dish when you’ve got an abundance of sweet potatoes on hand.
Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes and/or yams, scrubbed, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oils in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sweet potatoes and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Add apples, rosemary, and parsley. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Cover skillet and cook 10 more minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in walnuts and serve immediately.