Green Olive Fettuccini
- 10 ounces fettuccini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, each halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Pinch cayenne pepper or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded vegan cheese
- Cook fettuccini in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Add garlic and green olives and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Stir in basil and cayenne. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer olive mixture to the bowl of fettuccini and toss well to combine.
- Divide pasta among 4 pasta bowls or plates and garnish with cheese. Serve immediately.