Healthy, hearty, and colorful, this multi-bean salad is packed with protein, fiber, and other nutrients that will keep your kids fueled for the afternoon. Using canned beans and frozen edamame makes this a vegan meal you can toss together in minutes.
Easy Bean Salad
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons vinaigrette of your choice
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl, adding more vinaigrette, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving or packing into school lunches.