Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 (16-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth or more to thin, if needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk, stirred well before adding
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Vegan sour cream for garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, broth, and cinnamon, stirring until smooth.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and stir in parsley.
- You can serve immediately or, for a smooth consistency, puree the soup in a food processor or blender.
- Serve hot, garnished with sour cream.