Do you think cukes are only good for slicing and dicing into salads? If so, this creamy chilled soup will surprise you. Made with low-calorie cucumbers and soy yogurt, this vegan soup is a refreshing diet-friendly dish to serve before the fall weather sets in.
Cool and Creamy Cucumber Soup
Yields 2 quarts
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Generous pinch of salt
- 3 large English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, chopped (reserve a few whole cucumber slices for garnish)
- 3 cups plain soy yogurt (try Wildwood Soyogurt)
- Combine broth, green onions, garlic, parsley, vinegar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to mix.
- Add about 2/3 of the chopped cucumber and puree. Add yogurt and pulse until blended.
- Transfer soup to a serving bowl and stir in remaining chopped cucumber.
- Cover bowl and chill soup in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold, garnished with cucumber slices.