While you’re getting your kids ready for school, slip a few of these nutrient-dense snack bites into their lunch. Far better than any cruelty-free candy bar, these date coconut balls are not only healthfully made with love, they are also loaded with kid-friendly taste and texture.
Date Coconut Balls
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 8 ounces pitted dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup vegan granola
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a heavy saucepan over medium low heat, combine vegan butter and dates.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Let date mixture cool then refrigerate until it is firm enough to be formed into balls.
- Stir in pecans and granola. Use your hands to form mixture into 30 balls.
- Scatter coconut in a plate and roll balls in coconut to coat.