Looking for a fast, healthy, and hearty vegan breakfast to feed your kids before they bolt out the door to school? Couscous pudding is ready in minutes and can be made with any dried or fresh fruit and nuts you have on hand.
Back To School Couscous Pudding
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Scant 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, combine water, couscous, and dried fruit. Bring to a boil, remove pot from heat, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium-size pot over medium-high heat, whisk together almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Cook, whisking often, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove almond milk pudding from heat and add the cooked couscous mixture, stirring to combine. Top with nuts and serve.
- You can also make the pudding ahead and keep refrigerated until ready to serve, garnishing with nuts at the table.