Vegan Seeded Flax Crackers
- 1/4 cup flax seed plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- In a bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flax seed, ground flax, flour, baking powder, salt and seasoning. Blend on low until ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and almond milk. Pour into flour mixture and blend on low until ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and blend until a dough forms.
- Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Divide dough in half and place each portion in between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to roll each portion of the dough into a large rectangle about 1/16-inch thick.
- Sprinkle with extra flax seeds, sesame seeds, and chia seeds. Use the rolling pin to press seeds into the cracker dough.
- Use a sharp knife to cut dough into rectangles, size of your choosing.
- Place squares on 2 large baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheets after 10 minutes. Crackers are done when they are golden and crisp.