Simple Chocolate Frosting
Makes 1-1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (shake can before opening)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Mix on low until moistened, scraping down the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Add cocoa powder and salt and blend on low until moistened. Increase speed to medium and blend, scraping down sides of the bowl frequently, until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla. Blend on medium, scraping down sides of the bowl often, until smooth.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.