Vegan Lemon Curd
Makes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon (finely grated)
- Juice of 5 lemons (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together agave, cornstarch, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened to a pudding consistency.
- Whisk in coconut oil and vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight. It will set up.
- Lemon curd will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.