Veggie Chipotle Tofu Scramble
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 baking potatoes, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or 1 chipotle packed in adobo sauce, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-1/4 pounds firm tofu, pressed, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, peppers, and chipotle. Cook, stirring often, until onion and peppers are softened.
- While veggies are cooking, add lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in cilantro, tofu, and turmeric. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.