National Ice Cream Sandwich Day is August 2, giving us yet one more excuse to eat more frozen desserts. Choose your favorite chocolate chip cookie (or use our recipe) and brand of dairy-free vanilla ice cream then make these family-friendly vegan ice cream sandwiches. Make extra and keep a ready supply in the freezer.
Chocolate Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich
- 16 vegan chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups vegan vanilla ice cream
- Lay 8 cookies bottom-side up on a flat surface.
- Spread each thickly with 1/4 cup ice cream.
- Place remaining 8 cookies bottom-side down on the ice cream, pressing to adhere.
- Use the back of a spoon to smooth sides of the ice cream.
- Serve immediately or wrap each ice cream sandwich tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.