Easy Vegan Brownies
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted, cool
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add flax mixture to coconut milk mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to coconut milk mixture and blend until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly in a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies are set.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Cook’s note: You can dress these brownies up by thinly spreading a chocolate frosting over cooled brownie before cutting into squares and topping each brownie with a walnut.