Mango chutney is conveniently available at the grocery store but you can make this delectable condiment from scratch in the comfort of your own kitchen using the freshest ingredients. Here’s an easy mango chutney recipe that you can slather on bread, stir into rice, or whisk with olive oil into a dressing for vegetables or even fruit.
Homemade Mango Chutney
Yields 2 cups
- 3 ripe mango, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 red jalapeno, minced (remove seeds and white membranes for less heat)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine mango, raisins, ginger, and sugar.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add fennel and cumin and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute.
- Add mango mixture and stir to combine. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste, jalapeno, vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Transfer to mason jars and seal. Refrigerate or can in a water bath for longer shelf-life.