Every day is a day to eat French fries in my book, especially when they are seasoned with garlic. However, if eating these indulgent treats is a once-in-a-while treat, consider this Friday July 13 National French Fries Day one of those infrequent occasions. Once you make this garlicky French fries recipe, you may just find yourself gobbling them up more often.
I use T-Fal’s ActiFry to make my family’s French fries. The ActiFry cooks up a tasty batch of fries in under 30 minutes and, best yet, French fries in the ActiFry are healthier (yet no less delicious) because they are cooked with far less oil compared to deep frying. If you don’t have the ActiFry, don’t worry — this recipe uses the oven.
- 1-1/4 pounds potatoes (Yukon Gold, red, or baking potatoes), cut into French fries
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold Organic Garlic Oil or another garlic-infused oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes and oil until potatoes are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Spread fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly cook all sides of the fries, until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Serve warm.