Did you know that July is National Blueberry Month? Not that you need an excuse to eat handful after handful of blueberries, we’re celebrating the berry month with this chilled blueberry soup and plenty of other berry-licious recipes.
Chilled Ginger Blueberry Soup
- 3 pints fresh blueberries (reserve a large handful for garnish)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, crushed to a puree
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 quart soda water
- In a blender, combine blueberries, lemon juice, agave, ginger, vinegar, and brown sugar. Blend until pureed.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and add soda water, stirring to combine.
- Serve with extra berries, a dollop of vegan sour cream, and a fresh mint sprig for garnish.