It is certainly the season for dipping your spoon into a scoop of homemade sorbet. Chef Jennifer Hill Booker, of the interactive food site Your Resident Gourmet and author of upcoming cookbook Goin’ Down South: A Chef’s Journey Home, shares this amazing Key Lime Sorbet recipe.
Fat-Free Key Lime Sorbet
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jennifer Hill Booker
- 3 Key limes, zested
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1/2 cup carbonated mineral water
- 6 Key lime wedges, for garnish
- To make a Key lime syrup, stir together the Key lime zest, 1 cup of water and sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Key lime syrup, Key lime juice and mineral water.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- To serve, scoop sorbet into dessert cups and garnish each serving with a Key lime wedge.