Veggie Stir-Fry with Garlic Sauce
For the stir-fry:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Nakano Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1/4 cup peanut oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced zucchini or summer squash
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted
- Steamed white or brown rice for serving
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, green onions, and 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Add onion, broccoli, cauliflower, pepper, and zucchini, tossing to coat.
- Add remaining oil to a wok and heat over high heat. Add vegetable mixture to the wok and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are just tender.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Use the spatula to move vegetables to the outsides of the wok and pour garlic sauce in the center and bring to a simmer.
- Stir vegetables into the sauce to coat. Add walnuts and toss again.
- Serve immediately over rice.