Zucchini blossoms are a gorgeous addition to your everyday and special occasion meals. Cornelia Guest, author of Cornelia Guest’s Simple Pleasures: Healthy Seasonal Cooking and Easy Entertaining shares this stuffed zucchini blossom recipe that will get raves around the table. She serves this dish with iced tea with mint or a crisp white wine.
Zucchini Blossoms Stuﬀed with Amaranth
This recipe is feautured in Cornelia Guest’s Simple Pleasures: Healthy Seasonal Cooking and Easy Entertaining by Cornelia Guest
- 3 cups amaranth
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 zucchini
- 1 small eggplant (you want to end up with 1-1/2 cups after its is cooked)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 large zucchini blossoms per serving
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add amaranth. Simmer and cook until water is absorbed, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Quarter the onion and cook in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 30 minutes over medium heat until caramelized.
- Dice zucchini and sauté in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Dice eggplant and garlic and sauté in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cooked vegetables with the amaranth and add parsley. Fill the squash blossoms with the mixture. Serve at room temperature.
Meet Cornelia Guest
Cornelia Guest, author of Cornelia Guest’s Simple Pleasures: Healthy Seasonal Cooking and Easy Entertaining, is an activist, philanthropist, and businesswoman. In 2009, she founded Cornelia Guest Events and Cornelia Guest Cookies, catering charity and entertainment events with healthy, delicious vegan food. She is launching her own line of animal-friendly handbags, wallets, and dog accessories made with a vegan alternative to leather. She lives in New York.