Hummus is one of those basic recipes that every vegan should know how to whip up in a moment’s notice. Not only is this high-protein dip a fast and easy healthy meal, it is a must-serve for planned or last-minute entertaining. This is our favorite hummus recipe kicked up in presentation for the evenings you have guests to impress.
Serve hummus with pita bread, crackers, chips, and cut vegetables.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Sweet paprika
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon parsley. Blend until smooth.
- Stop and check consistency for thickness. With the motor running, drizzle in enough olive oil until it reaches your desired dip consistency.
- Taste and season with salt amnd pepper.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with any extra olive oil, lemon slices, remaining parsley, and paprika.