Fruit salsa is a tasty change from the typical salsas made with tomatoes and peppers. My favorite fruit salsa is bursting with sweet mango flavor, which deliciously counters the heat from jalapenos and salt from the tortilla chips I use to dig into this simple-to-make Mexican condiment.
Simple Mango Salsa
Makes 3 cups
- 1 large mango, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1 large tomatillo, husk removed, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 jalapenos, minced (remove seeds if you don’t like the heat)
- 3 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.