Update your summer salad offerings by grilling salad ingredients before tossing them into the bowl. Pick up some farmers’ market heirloom tomatoes and ripe, juicy peaches, and get ready to fire up the grill.
Grilled Tomato and Peach Salad
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 3 ripe but firm peaches, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup finely torn fresh basil
- 2 cups arugula
- Your favorite balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, peaches, and oil, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Transfer fruit to a grill basket and grill for 3 minutes, flip the basket, and continue to grill for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, basil, and arugula.
- Cut tomatoes and peaches into chunks and add to the cucumber mixture, tossing to combine.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss again. Serve immediately.