When you’re craving a light and refreshing summer salad that goes beyond the usual lettuce and tomato, sink your fork into this watermelon and spinach salad, featuring juicy chunks of watermelon tossed with spinach, red onion, walnuts, feta, and balsamic vinaigrette. Vegans can simply omit the cheese.
Watermelon and Spinach Salad
- 2 cups diced watermelon (seedless)
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups baby lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (or more) balsamic vinaigrette
- Pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper
- Handful of coarsely chopped walnuts
- Handful of crumbled feta
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, lettuce, spinach, and onion.
- Add vinaigrette and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among 4 chilled salad plates and garnish with walnuts and feta.