Just because the weather is heating up doesn’t mean you can’t sip on a savory, belly-filling soup. This chilled carrot soup features bold flavors from sweet carrots, garlic, fresh herbs, and avocado chunks.
Chilled Carrot Soup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 pound garden-fresh carrots, tops trimmed, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain soy creamer
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, diced
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring often, until carrots start to soften.
- Stir in garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover, and continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and stir in soy creamer. Season again with salt and pepper. Let cool slightly.
- Puree soup in a food processor or blender. Refrigerate until cold.
- To serve, ladle soup into 4 bowls and garnish with diced avocado and a sprinkling of parsley.