Ah, chocolate ice box pie is a popularly anticipated summer dessert recipe. Though the classic chocolate ice box pie is far from vegan, our dairy and egg free rendition of the classic dessert will quickly become one of your favorite sweet-tooth satisfying indulgences.
Vegan Chocolate Ice Box Pie
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 prebaked vegan pie crust, cooled (in a 9-inch pie dish)
- 1 recipe vegan chocolate pudding (about 3 cups), cooled
- 1 cup or more whipped coconut topping
- 1 cup chopped vegan dark chocolate
- Sorbet or non-dairy ice cream of your choice
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries and sugar and set aside to macerate.
- Fill crust with pudding and top with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate while you melt the chocolate. Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
- Stir chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Drizzle chocolate over whipped topping.
- Slice and serve with a generous spoonful of macerated strawberries and a scoop of sorbet or non-dairy ice cream.