Summer Peach Bruschetta
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 (8-ounce) baguette, cut crosswise on a diagonal into slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 2 ripe but firm peaches, halved, pitted, chopped
- 2 ripe roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush bread with olive oil and place on a baking sheet in one layer. Bake in the oven until toasted.
- Rub toasted bread with the garlic clove halves. Set toast aside and mince garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, peaches, tomatoes, onion, parsley, and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss again.
- To serve, mound peach mixture on top of toasts.